2020 BFIT Bushy Park National Duathlon Championships – Aug 23, 2020
Championship Event (16+): Entry fee $25 members, $40 non-members
5km RUN + 20km BIKE + 2.5km RUN, laps TBD
Adult & Junior Road Bike (15+): Entry fee $20 members, $30 non-members
2km RUN + 16km BIKE + 2km RUN, = 2 laps + 8 laps + 2 laps.
Adult & Junior Mountain Bike (15+): Entry fee $20 members, $30 non-members
2km RUN + 10km BIKE + 2km RUN, = 2 laps + 5 laps + 2 laps.
Youth Road Bike (11-14): Entry fee $10 members, $20 non-members
0.5km RUN + 8km BIKE + 1km RUN, =0.5 laps +4 laps + 1 laps
Youth Mountain Bike (11-14): Entry fee $10 members, $20 non-members
0.5km RUN + 4km BIKE + 1km RUN, = 0.5 laps +2 laps + 1 laps.
Mites Road & Mountain Bike (U11): Entry fee $10 members, $20 non-members
0.25km RUN + 2km BIKE + 0.5km RUN, = 0.25 laps Run + 1 lap Bike + 0.5 laps Run
Prizes: Championship Event – Open, overall 1st – 3rd male and female
Adult & Junior categories – 1st male and female in age group, mountain & road.
Youth & Mites categories: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, per age group male and female.
Everyone gets finishers medal.
Age Groups: based on age as of December 31, 2020
U7 – Mites
7-8 – Mites
9-10 – Mites
11 – 12 – Youth
13 – 14 – Youth
15-19 – Junior
20 – 29 – Adult
30 – 39 – Adult
40 – 49 – Adult
50 – 59 – Adult
60 & over – Adult
Duathlon race rules
- Ankle chips, must be worn on the ankle specified at the race briefing
- All competitors will be body marked on arm & legs
- All repairs during the event shall be performed by the individual racer. There will be a spare-wheel station.
- Racers must complete the event on the same bicycle upon which he/she began the event.
- Any repairs or changes must be done with equipment carried by the individual racer
- This event is draft legal. No aero bars permitted.
- Handle bar ends must have plugs.
- No blocking of faster riders.
- All competitors must attend the race briefing and must familiarize themselves with the course
- Any Foul riding, unsportsmanlike behaviour or abusive languages may result in warning, time penalty, relegation and disqualification
- MP3 players, earphones, etc., are not allowed on the bike leg
- Registration will end at midnight of 20th of August 2020
- Any modified instructions shall be verbally announced at the race briefing before the start of the race and shall apply to that race
- The Race Director’s decision is final
- This is not an ITU sanctioned event, standard ITU rules may not be applicable or modified, in particular
- Mount and dismount bike at the indicated line
- Approved hard helmet
- Helmet must be on and chin strap fastened before removing bike from rack
- Helmet must be on and strapped at all times when on the bicycle, this includes prior and post race
- No riding in transition
- Enclosed shoes
- Jersey or top (no bare torso)
- COVID Protocols to be observed
N.B. map above shows the adult road bike race course (red), adult mountain bike course (green), run course (blue). Kids races will be a shortened version of this course. The run course will be the same for road bike and mountain bike categories.