2022 BFIT Bushy Park National Duathlon Championships – September 18, 2022
Championship, Adult, 15+ with splits
EVENT DATE: 18th September 2022
5:00 am – volunteers arrive, volunteers briefing
5:15 am – transition open (masks to be worn when setting up transition)
5:30 am – Championship and 15yrs+ participants, check-in, temperature check, timing chip pick up, warm up, course familiarization
6:30 am – Championship and Adult races start (road & mountain)
6:30 am – Athlete arrival (Under 15), check-in, temperature check, timing chip pick up, warm up, course familiarization
7:30 am – BFIT Kids Series Duathlon starts
9:30 am – estimated finish time, awards and presentation
N.B. ONLINE BRIEFING FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM ON SEPTEMBER 17th AT 7:30PM. THE ZOOM DETAILS WILL BE EMAILED UPON COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION.
Registration deadline – Noon Friday, September 16, 2022
Championship event (16+): Entry fee $20
Adult & Junior Road Bike Distance/Course: Entry fee $20
Adult & Junior Mountain Bike Distance/Course: Entry fee $20
Youth (11-14) Road Bike Distance/Course: Entry fee $10
Youth (11-14) Mountain Bike Distance/Course: Entry fee $10
Mites (U11) Road & Mountain Bike Distance/Course: Entry fee $10
Prizes: Championship Event – Open, overall 1st – 3rd male and female
Adult age group categories – 1st male and female in age group, mountain & road.
Junior, Youth & Mites categories: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, per age group male and female.
Age Groups: based on age as of December 31, 2022
U7 – Mites
7-8 – Mites
9-10 – Mites
11 – 12 – Youth
13 – 14 – Youth
15-19 – Junior
20 – 29 – Adult
30 – 39 – Adult
40 – 49 – Adult
50 – 59 – Adult
60 & over – Adult
Duathlon race rules
- Ankle chips, must be worn on the ankle specified at the race briefing
- All competitors will be body marked on arm & legs
- All repairs during the event shall be performed by the individual racer. There will be a spare-wheel station.
- Racers must complete the event on the same bicycle upon which he/she began the event.
- Any repairs or changes must be done with equipment carried by the individual racer
- This event is draft legal. No aero bars permitted.
- Handle bar ends must have plugs.
- No blocking of faster riders.
- All competitors must attend the race briefing and must familiarize themselves with the course
- Any Foul riding, unsportsmanlike behaviour or abusive languages may result in warning, time penalty, relegation and disqualification
- MP3 players, earphones, etc., are not allowed on the bike leg
- Registration will end at midnight of 20th of August 2020
- Any modified instructions shall be verbally announced at the race briefing before the start of the race and shall apply to that race
- The Race Director’s decision is final
- This is not an ITU sanctioned event, standard ITU rules may not be applicable or modified, in particular
- Mount and dismount bike at the indicated line
- Approved hard helmet
- Helmet must be on and chin strap fastened before removing bike from rack
- Helmet must be on and strapped at all times when on the bicycle, this includes prior and post race
- No riding in transition
- Enclosed shoes
- Jersey or top (no bare torso)
- COVID Protocols to be observed
N.B. map above shows the adult road bike race course (red), adult mountain bike course (green), run course (blue). Kids races will be a shortened version of this course. The run course will be the same for road bike and mountain bike categories.