2019 Bush Park Duathlon
Event Date: June 16th, 2019
Location: Bushy Park Circuit Barbados for road bikes & off road course for mountain bikes
Adult (15+) course Familiarization and race briefing: 6:00 am, June 16 at Bushy Park
Youth (U15) course Familiarization and race briefing: 7:00 am, June 16 at Bushy Park
5:00 pm night before event – set up cones and barriers on run/bike course, setup bike racks in transition, set up flags, set up transition and course signs, timing tent
5:00 am – volunteers arrive, volunteers briefing
5:15 am – set up water stations, timing system, transition open
5:30 am – athlete arrival (15+), registration, timing chip pick up, warm up, body numbering
6:00 am – Adult course Familiarization and race briefing
6:30 am – Adult race start (road & mountain)
6:30 am – athlete arrival (Under 15), registration, timing chip pick up, warm up, body numbering
7:00 am –Youth course Familiarization and race briefing
7:30 am – PineHill Kids Series Duathlon starts
9:00 am – estimated finish time, awards and presentation
Event duration including presentation: 5:00 am – 9:00am
Categories: Mountain Bike & Road Bike, Adult (15+) & Youth (U15), Male & Female
Adult Road Bike Distance/Course:
2km RUN + 16km BIKE + 2km RUN, * bike on race track
= 2 laps + 8 laps + 2 laps. [Run course is separated from bike course]
Adult Mountain Bike Distance/Course:
2km RUN + 10km BIKE + 2km RUN, *combined track and off road
= 2 laps + 5 laps + 2 laps. [Run course is separated from bike course]
Youth (11-15) Road Bike Distance/Course:
0.5km RUN + 8km BIKE + 1km RUN, * bike on race track
= 0.5 laps +4 laps + 1 laps. [Run course is separated from bike course]
Youth (11-15) Mountain Bike Distance/Course:
0.5km RUN + 4km BIKE + 1km RUN, * *combined track and off road
= 0.5 laps +2 laps + 1 laps. [Run course is separated from bike course]
Youth (U11) Road & Mountain Bike Distance/Course:
0.25km RUN + 2km BIKE + 0.5km RUN, * bike on race track
= 0.25 laps +1 laps + 0.5 laps.
[course will be determined at a later date]
Prizes: Adult overall 1st – 3rd male and female (trophies) and 1st place age group male and female (trophies/plaques).
Youth: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, per age group male and female (gift certificates).
Everyone gets finishers medal.
- 11 – 12
- 13 – 14
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 39
- 40 – 49
- 50 – 59
- 60 & over
N.B. map above shows the adult road bike race course (red), adult mountain bike course (green), run course (blue). Kids races will be a shortened version of this course. The run course will be the same for road bike and mountain bike categories.
Duathlon race rules
- Ankle chips, must be worn on the ankle specified at the race briefing
- All competitors will be body marked on arm & legs
- All repairs during the event shall be performed by the individual racer. There will be a spare-wheel station.
- Racers must complete the event on the same bicycle upon which he/she began the event.
- Any repairs or changes must be done with equipment carried by the individual racer
- This event is draft legal. No aero bars permitted.
- Handle bar ends must have plugs.
- No blocking of faster riders.
- All competitors must attend the race briefing and must familiarize themselves with the course
- Any Foul riding, unsportsmanlike behaviour or abusive languages may result in warning, time penalty, relegation and disqualification
- MP3 players, earphones, etc., are not allowed on the bike leg
- Registration will end at midnight of 13th of June 2019
- Any modified instructions shall be verbally announced at the race briefing before the start of the race and shall apply to that race
- The Race Director’s decision is final
- This is not an ITU sanctioned event, standard ITU rules may not be applicable or modified, in particular
- Mount and dismount bike at the indicated line
- Approved hard helmet
- Helmet must be on and chin strap fastened before removing bike from rack
- Helmet must be on and strapped at all times when on the bicycle, this includes prior and post race
- No riding in transition
- Enclosed shoes
- Jersey or top (no bare torso)